Why is it important?
- The brand and IP of a company are probably the most valuable assets of a tech-focussedbusiness.
- Getting the IP ownership right at the start avoids potential problems on an exit ( regularising the IP ownership retrospectively prior to a sale can be complicated and expensive).
- Potential investors may be put off by inadequate IP protection.
- IP assignment or similar documentation.
How can we help?
- We can draft an IP assignment agreement to include the assignment to the company of all past, present and future IP created for the business.
- Always ensure that anyone who has or may have created IP for the business signs this agreement to transfer all such IP to the company. This is one of the first things a potential investor would want to see!
Typical legal fees: £250-£500